West End Community Centre is seeking a Licensed Preschool Teacher.
This position will start as soon as possible on a full time basis and is subject to a three-month probationary period. The supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Senior Preschool Supervisor in the planning and implementation of preschool program for the licensee – the West End Community Centre Association. This is a licensed Preschool with a total of 40 enrolled children (20 children maximum per class). Our ratio is 2 ECE co-leaders per 20 children.
- Assist the Senior Preschool Supervisor to develop, implement, and oversee and a range of developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children including special events and field trips. The supervisor will share in the responsibility to plan and implement developmentally appropriate monthly thematic circle time activities and art activities.
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self –esteem.
- Plan and carry out a range of activities and programs to facilitate a preschooler’s understanding of and love for learning.
- Responsible for daily room set up and organization an implementation of daily activities.
- Ensure on-going communication with parents regarding their child’s progress under the direction of the Senior Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Preschool Supervisor in administrative duties as assigned (i.e. monthly petty cash, newsletters, etc.)
- To ensure that the program meets both health and regulatory requirements of the Community Care Facilities Act.
- Works collaboratively with the senior preschool supervisor, childcare coordinator, and recreation programmer.
- A valid ECE Certificate (Post Basic ECE or Diploma preferred). A current License to Practice as an ECE from Community Care Facilities Branch in British Columbia.
- 2 years of ECE work experience is preferred.
- Current first aid and CPR certificate as per Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated cultural competency within a highly diverse, mixed-income community.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of Arts (i.e. drama, art, voice etc.) and physical activities (i.e. games, dance, gross motor etc.).
- Have strong skills in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to use basic computer software programs i.e. Microsoft applications.
- Special needs certificate is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, and in person, with both parents and professionals.
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset.
- A second language is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Subject to a police record search clearance.
Terms of Employment
- Hours (5) days, Monday to Friday (7.9hrs) Monday to Thursday (3.85hrs) on Friday – (35.45) hours per week – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- $22.98 per hour
- Extended Health Care Benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Dental Services Plan
- RRSP Contribution
- Unionized position – CUPE Local 15 – Little Sprout Preschool
- Subject to a 3-month probationary period upon acceptance
Please send your resume to: Attn: Christina Tucker – Email: email@example.com