Rockin’ in the Park
Sat Jul 8, 11:00am-2:00pm
Join us at Rockin’ in the Park for free entertainment and loads of family fun! The excitement includes: a bouncy castle, mini-golf, face painting, a balloon twister, arts & crafts, caricature artist and much more. This is an event you don’t want to miss! All ages welcome. Parent participation required. Event takes place in Coal Harbour Park (on top of Coal Harbour Community Centre).
Dance at Dusk
Join us at Ceperley Meadow in Stanley Park for some free, fun-filled entertainment!
Learn some new dances – come and dance in beautiful Stanley Park.
No partner necessary. All ages and levels welcome, instruction is provided. Weather permitting.
Ceperley Meadow is located in Stanley Park. Enter on Beach Avenue, left at the first parking lot, near the fire engine by Second Beach Pool.
Monday, June 12 to August 28, 2017
7:00-9:00pm – Royal Scottish Country Dance
Lively dancing to the great music of Scotland – pipes, drums accordions and ddles. You can have lots of fun and get plenty of exercise dancing with members of the Scottish Country Dance Community. Kilts and tartans optional.
Info: 604-922-6842 or 604-224-6751
Tuesday, June 13 to August 29, 2017
7:00-9:00pm – Vancouver International Folk Dancers
Vancouver International Folk Dancers will lead you in line and circle dances from Europe, the Americas and the Middle East. Everyone is welcome. Info: 604-732-9652 or www.vcn.bc.ca/vifd
Music in the Park
Haywood Bandstand in Alexandra Park
1175 Beach Avenue at Bidwell.
Celebrating Hayward Bandstands 104 years of community performances from 1914-2017.
Please remember to bring a picnic and enjoy these free performances. All ages entertainment, everybody welcome.
Sunday, June 25 1:00-3:00pm
Deanna Knight & The Hot Club of Mars
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, July 1, 2017.
Sunday, July 9 1:00-3:00pm
Silk Road Music
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, July 15, 2017.
Sunday, July 16 1:00-3:00pm
Murfitt and Main
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, July 22, 2017.
Sunday, July 23 1:00-3:00pm
SouthVan Big Band
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, July 29, 2017.
Sunday, August 13 1:00-3:00pm
Rio Samaya Band
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, August 19, 2017.
Sunday, August 20 1:00-3:00pm
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, August 26, 2017
Sunday, August 27 1:00-3:00pm
In case of rain, performance rescheduled to Saturday, September 2, 2017.
Thu Aug 3 1:30-3:00pm
Aloha! Time to enjoy summer as though we were in tropical Hawaii. Put on your grass skirts, tacky shirts or lei’s and come join us for an afternoon of dance and delicious food! (Grass skirt not mandatory). Enjoy a live performance by Spirit of the South Seas, great food, and friendly company! This event is co-hosted by WESN and WECCA. Please pre-register by Aug 1. No refunds after Aug 1.
116235 $9/1 sess
Garden Area at Barclay Manor
Looking for Summer Day Camp Leaders – Junior and Senior
The West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to plan, lead and implement our Summer Day Camp programs for children ages 3 to 13 years.
– Experience working in a day camp or related setting as a leader or volunteer
– Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities & out trips for children ages 3 to 13 years
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated leadership & problem solving skills
– Familiarity with working within a budget and tracking expenses
– Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, word processing and reporting
– Current First Aid/CPR certification
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Providing direct leadership, supervision and instruction to Day Camp participants
– Planning, promoting and implementing age-appropriate activities (ie. arts & crafts, games, out-trips) that fit with the weekly theme developed by the Day Camp Managers
– Providing a safe, educational and engaging environment
– Working cooperatively with and being a positive role model to fellow staff and volunteers
– Tracking & reporting petty cash usage on a weekly basis
– Liasing & working with Recreation Staff at the West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres to ensure the efficient operation of Day Camp programs
– Collecting information for medical & waiver forms from participants each week and ensuring that the sign-in &sign-out of children each day is conducted in a safe & efficient manner
– Preparing and submitting feedback for the Day Camps & providing recommendations for future programs
Register today for one of our spring nutrition workshops. Topics include ‘To Detox or Not,’ breaking up with sugar, chronic stress, leaky gut and weight loss.
Fighting Chronic Stress/Adrenal Fatigue
Thursday, June 15th
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Five Secrets to Lose Weight Naturally
Thursday, June 22nd
7:00pm – 8:00pm