Featured Class: Yin Yoga
Suitable for all levels. Yin Yoga involves a relaxed practice of floor postures that are held for three to five minutes at a time targeting ligaments, joints, and fascia within the body. Students are supported by props to maximize tension release, increasing flexibility and circulation. Drop-in $13, space permitting.
Instructor: Will Blunderfield
NEW DAY & TIME FOR SUMMER
Free Trial Class
Sat Jul 8 2:30-3:30pm
Sat Jul 15-Aug 19 2:30-3:30pm
116794 $65/6 sess
Sat Jul 8, 11:00am-2:00pm
Join us at Rockin’ in the Park for free entertainment and loads of family fun! The excitement includes: a bouncy castle, mini-golf, face painting, a balloon twister, arts & crafts, caricature artist and much more. This is an event you don’t want to miss! All ages welcome. Parent participation required. Event takes place in Coal Harbour Park (on top of Coal Harbour Community Centre).
The West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to plan, lead and implement our Summer Day Camp programs for children ages 3 to 13 years.
– Experience working in a day camp or related setting as a leader or volunteer
– Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities & out trips for children ages 3 to 13 years
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated leadership & problem solving skills
– Familiarity with working within a budget and tracking expenses
– Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, word processing and reporting
– Current First Aid/CPR certification
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Providing direct leadership, supervision and instruction to Day Camp participants
– Planning, promoting and implementing age-appropriate activities (ie. arts & crafts, games, out-trips) that fit with the weekly theme developed by the Day Camp Managers
– Providing a safe, educational and engaging environment
– Working cooperatively with and being a positive role model to fellow staff and volunteers
– Tracking & reporting petty cash usage on a weekly basis
– Liasing & working with Recreation Staff at the West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres to ensure the efficient operation of Day Camp programs
– Collecting information for medical & waiver forms from participants each week and ensuring that the sign-in &sign-out of children each day is conducted in a safe & efficient manner
– Preparing and submitting feedback for the Day Camps & providing recommendations for future programs
West Coal – Coal Harbour Junior Senior Leader Posting 2017 – extended
Register today for one of our spring nutrition workshops. Topics include ‘To Detox or Not,’ breaking up with sugar, chronic stress, leaky gut and weight loss.
Fighting Chronic Stress/Adrenal Fatigue
Thursday, June 15th
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Five Secrets to Lose Weight Naturally
Thursday, June 22nd
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Featured Class: Hawaiian Hula (7-12 yrs)
Learn the basic techniques of Hawaiian and Tahitian dance. Starting with warm-up and floor work, the class then moves into learning choreography routines for the last half of each class. Polynesian dancing is an exciting, and exotic form of dance. Drop-in $15.00, if space permits.
Instructor: Kelsey Rogers
Wed Jul 5-Aug 30 4:15-5:15pm
104982 $69/9 sess
Featured Class: Fantastic Acrylics with Jeanne
Learn to use a brush and palette knife to create an abstract piece of art. Learn to mix and use colours effectively and learn about different compositions and styles. Come play with paint and go home with your own piece of art! All materials and use of tools included in the course fee.
Instructor: Jeanne Krabbendam
Wed Jul 12-Aug 2 6:00-9:00pm
116699 $155/4 sess
Arts and Crafts Room