Sun Mar 4 2018 10:00am-1:00pm
If you have children’s toys, clothes, or books you no longer use then, this is your chance to sell these items. Tables are sold by first come, first served. No merchants or businesses, full details and regulations available at the front desk. Registration begins early December. No refunds after February 16, 2018.
Sat Dec 9 10:00am-12:00pm
Breaking news! Santa has been spotted at the Harbour! Journey with your children to meet Santa through a magical winter wonderland where holiday games and holiday crafts await each stop along the way. Parent participation is required. Pre-registration is recommended. ($5/child, $7/child on the day-of event).
Sat Nov 25 10:00am-12:00pm
Holiday music and a festive atmosphere will get you in to the winter spirit! Fee includes all supplies and decoration for one gingerbread house. Please pre-register by Nov 15. Parent participation is required.
Sat Oct 28 10:00am-12:00pm
Join us for this fun, hair-raising event and get into the spooky spirit! Enjoy creepy crafts, terrifying treats, eerie entertainment and much more! Don’t forget to wear your costume & visit our ghostly graveyard. Parent participation is required. Pre-registration is recommended. ($5/ child, $7/child on the day-of event).
Sat Oct 21 10:00am-12:00pm
We are hosting our 9th annual Pint-Sized Pumpkin Carving event! Get into the spooky spirit as you carve your own jack-o-lantern. We will supply some carving tools and ghoulish music and don’t forget to wear your costume. Parent participation is required. Please pre-register so we can ensure we have enough pumpkins. ($5/pumpkin, $7/pumpkin on the day-of event, space permitting).
September 1st to 8th, 2017
Try unlimited group fitness and indoor cycling class at both the West End and Coal Harbour Community Centres. For class schedules and descriptions click here.
Featured Class: Yin Yoga
Suitable for all levels. Yin Yoga involves a relaxed practice of floor postures that are held for three to five minutes at a time targeting ligaments, joints, and fascia within the body. Students are supported by props to maximize tension release, increasing flexibility and circulation. Drop-in $13, space permitting.
Instructor: Will Blunderfield
NEW DAY & TIME FOR SUMMER
Free Trial Class
Sat Jul 8 2:30-3:30pm
Sat Jul 15-Aug 19 2:30-3:30pm
116794 $65/6 sess
Sat Jul 8, 11:00am-2:00pm
Join us at Rockin’ in the Park for free entertainment and loads of family fun! The excitement includes: a bouncy castle, mini-golf, face painting, a balloon twister, arts & crafts, caricature artist and much more. This is an event you don’t want to miss! All ages welcome. Parent participation required. Event takes place in Coal Harbour Park (on top of Coal Harbour Community Centre).
The West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to plan, lead and implement our Summer Day Camp programs for children ages 3 to 13 years.
– Experience working in a day camp or related setting as a leader or volunteer
– Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities & out trips for children ages 3 to 13 years
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated leadership & problem solving skills
– Familiarity with working within a budget and tracking expenses
– Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, word processing and reporting
– Current First Aid/CPR certification
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Providing direct leadership, supervision and instruction to Day Camp participants
– Planning, promoting and implementing age-appropriate activities (ie. arts & crafts, games, out-trips) that fit with the weekly theme developed by the Day Camp Managers
– Providing a safe, educational and engaging environment
– Working cooperatively with and being a positive role model to fellow staff and volunteers
– Tracking & reporting petty cash usage on a weekly basis
– Liasing & working with Recreation Staff at the West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres to ensure the efficient operation of Day Camp programs
– Collecting information for medical & waiver forms from participants each week and ensuring that the sign-in &sign-out of children each day is conducted in a safe & efficient manner
– Preparing and submitting feedback for the Day Camps & providing recommendations for future programs
West Coal – Coal Harbour Junior Senior Leader Posting 2017 – extended
Register today for one of our spring nutrition workshops. Topics include ‘To Detox or Not,’ breaking up with sugar, chronic stress, leaky gut and weight loss.
Fighting Chronic Stress/Adrenal Fatigue
Thursday, June 15th
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Five Secrets to Lose Weight Naturally
Thursday, June 22nd
7:00pm – 8:00pm