Classic Calligraphy Classes
Classic Calligraphy and handwriting for all skill levels. Learn about pens, inks, paper, layout, and illumination. Practice different letter styles including Italics, Roundhand, and Gothic. Learn to write numerals, ampersands and capital letters. Class supply list: lined paper, pen, pencil, and eraser. During the first class, we will discuss specialized pens and other supplies. These extra supplies should cost no more than $20 for the entire session. Sorry, no drop-ins permitted.
Instructor: Angel Strehlen
Sat May 13-Jun 17 2:30-4:00pm
103933 $90/6 sess
Coal Harbour Community Centre
The West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to plan, lead and implement our Summer Day Camp programs for children ages 3 to 13 years.
– Experience working in a day camp or related setting as a leader or volunteer
– Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities & out trips for children ages 3 to 13 years
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated leadership & problem solving skills
– Familiarity with working within a budget and tracking expenses
– Demonstrated administrative skills in program planning, word processing and reporting
– Current First Aid/CPR certification
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Ability & willingness to work within a culturally, economically and socially diverse community
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Providing direct leadership, supervision and instruction to Day Camp participants
– Planning, promoting and implementing age-appropriate activities (ie. arts & crafts, games, out-trips) that fit with the weekly theme developed by the Day Camp Managers
– Providing a safe, educational and engaging environment
– Working cooperatively with and being a positive role model to fellow staff and volunteers
– Tracking & reporting petty cash usage on a weekly basis
– Liasing & working with Recreation Staff at the West End & Coal Harbour Community Centres to ensure the efficient operation of Day Camp programs
– Collecting information for medical & waiver forms from participants each week and ensuring that the sign-in &sign-out of children each day is conducted in a safe & efficient manner
– Preparing and submitting feedback for the Day Camps & providing recommendations for future programs
West Coal – Coal Harbour Junior Senior Leader Posting 2017 – extended
Friday, May 5th
Open Gala – 7pm to 9pm
May 6th & May 7th, noon – 5:00pm
Art in the City 2017! Each May, the West End Community Centre hosts Art in the City. The 12th annual event is a 3-day exhibition & sale of visual art works. Friday night is the opening of the event’s Vernissage. The event continues Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5pm. See you there!
Cinco de Mayo Dessert Social
Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Come celebrate Cinco de Mayo!!! Join us for tea or coffee and a delicious dessert and enjoy some live entertainment. This event is presented in partnership with the WECCA and WESN.
Instructor: No Instructor
Thu May 4 1:30-2:30pm
99104 $4/1 sess
Piano Room at Barclay Manor
Spring 2017 Pilates Day
Saturday, May 6th, 2017
Pilates Day as designated by the Pilates community throughout the world. Join us in celebration, at the West End Community Centre, with a 90 minute intermediate level Pilates Mat Master Class taught by Fran Hinton. This flowing class will incorporate the classic movements and variations known as “Pilates Mat”. Be prepared to continually move throughout the length of the class. Not recommended for beginners. Please register.
Instructor: Fran Hinton
Sat May 6 12:30-2:00pm
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017
Looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate Mothers and Fathers day?! Join us in the lobby to celebrate! Your child will go home with a beautiful and unique craft that they’ve made. Parent participation is required.
Wed May 10 3:30-5:00pm
Wed Jun 14 3:30-5:00pm
Saturday, May 13th, 2017
“Mother, The Avenging Angel” Welcome everyone to Barclay Manor’s annual Mother’s Day murder mystery. Producer, Trevor Jenkins, presents “mother” as you’ve never seen her before: loving, caring, giving and out to avenge a wrong in her family. The “clan” gathers for Mother’s Day celebration only to learn that their mother, Mrs. Clarekoff, is about to solve the death of her loving husband, Alec. Where will her finger point first? Who will suffer her wrath for death will be their comeuppance. Cakes, scones and delicious English fare will be served along with prizes.
Instructor: Trevor Jenkins
Sat May 13 2:30-4:30pm
99098 $10/1 sess
Piano Room at Barclay Manor
Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Have somethings you’ve been thinking about selling? Why not join us at the Spring Flea Market?! Funds raised from all flea markets go to the WECC Youth Programs and the King George Secondary School Grad Committee. The flea market is held in the West End Community Centre’s auditorium. Registration in person at WECC only.
Sun May 28 10:00am-3:00pm
(Tables go on sale Sat May 6 in person only)
89221 $18/per table
The WECCA Spring 2017 Recreation Guide is Here!
All of the spring months’ programs for the West End Community Centre, Coal Harbour Community Centre, and Barclay Manor have been announced. Popular programs for adults like the West End Indoor Cycling will be making a return, while some fun and new programs are being introduced. We are also adding more children’s programs at both West End and Coal Harbour Community Centres.
Registration for our Spring Programs opens on Monday, March 6th 9:00am (online/in-person) and Tuesday, March 7th 9:00am (phone-in). You can register for programs online at the City of Vancouver website. Be sure to register early as many programs will fill up fast. Registration is required for most programs as they need a minimum enrolment to run. If there is not enough interest in the program, it will either be cancelled or postponed prior to the first class.
Yoga Core Fit
All levels welcome to this strengthening core yoga class. Get the heart pumping! Stimulate blood flow and oxygen throughout the body with cardio through Sun Salutations. Back and abdominal strengthening maintains a healthy spine. Hip openers create flexibility and take pressure away from surrounding joints. Drop-in $13, space permitting.
Instructor: Tamara Jones
NEW DATE & TIME FOR WINTER
Sat Feb 18- Mar 18 10:45am-12:00pm
88657 $50/5 sess
Coal Harbour Community Centre